Management 5th Asia Pacific Edition by Schermerhorn-Test Bank
Multiple choice questions
1. Which statement regarding global trends is NOT true?
a. Developing green businesses.
b. Sustainable development.
*c. Many leading companies are not embracing sustainability management.
d. Reducing the environmental impact of businesses .
e. Many leading companies are embracing sustainability visions.
2. Many organisations have identified themselves as __________, leaders and trendsetters in sustainability management.
e. change agents
3. Harish Manwani the chief operating officer of Unilever believes that sustainability is at the core of business success over the __________.
a. short term
b. medium term
*c. long term
d. business divisions
e. business functions
4. Sustainability can be described as the use of resources without comprising the ability of future generations to meet their __________.
5. The definition of sustainability was coined in 1987 with the release of the United Nations report, which was called?
a. The Common Future.
b. A Common Future.
c. Common Futures.
d. Our Common Futures.
*e. Our Common Future.
6. In 1992 the Second Earth Summit, held in Rio de Janeiro conceptualised three pillars of sustainable development identifying which processes?
*d. All of the options listed.
e. None of the options listed.
7. Sustainability results from the following activities EXCEPT:
a. expansion of economic growth through the maximum use of natural resources.
b. extend the productive life of organisations and maintain high levels of corporate performance.
c. maintain decent life levels of welfare for present and future generations.
d. enhances the society’s ability to maintain itself to solve it major problems.
*e. enhances the planet’s ability to maintain and renew the biosphere and protect all living species.
8. The endeavour to eliminate all wastes and/or the recycling of resources is known as?
a. Waste minimisation.
b. Waste management.
c. Resource utilisation.
*d. Zero emissions.
e. Zero waste management.
9. How many mega-cities are estimated to exist on the planet by 2015?
10. Currently, our cities and industries have an essentially __________ metabolism.